Propellerads

‘I’m the original PDP Chairman,’ Factional leader says



Factional Peoples Democratic Party(PDP) chairman, Ali Modu Sheriff also said that any other Chairman is “counterfeit, carbon-copy and a photocopy.”

Factional Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Ali Modu Sheriff has said that he is the original
leader of the party.

Sheriff also said that any other Chairman is “counterfeit, carbon-copy and a photocopy.”

He made the comments on Tuesday, February 14, while addressing party members loyal to him in Agbor, Delta State.

“We are not surprised they disrupted the meeting in Asaba. Somebody somewhere saw the intimidating crowd of supporters and decided to cause trouble. But we have toed the part of peace by being here, Agbor,” Sheriff said.

“Any other chairman is a counterfeit, a carbon-copy, a photocopy. I was eating and drinking in the comfort of my home when the elders and the leaders of the party from across the country came to beg me to take the mantle of leadership of the party.

“They later found out that I was not a chairman they can control or push around. They know I will not accept elections handouts from anybody, hence they made a U-turn,” he added.

The PDP has been split into two factions since it attempted to remove Sheriff as chairman in May 2016.

ALSO READ: “I feel sad that I was linked with Boko Haram” Ali Modu Sheriff

The other faction is led by Caretaker Committee Chairman, Ahmed Makarfi.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to market your website for FREE