Propellerads

Nigerian striker wants to end career in England

Image result for Yakubu Aiyegbeni

Coventry City is the striker’s seventh club in England after playing for the likes of Portsmouth, Middlesbrough and Everton.

After joining English League One side Coventry City Yakubu Aiyegbeni has revealed that he wants to end
his career in England.

After training with Coventry City to prove his fitness, Aiyebgeni signed a short-term deal with the English League One side until the end of the season.

Coventry City is the striker’s seventh club in England after playing for the likes of Portsmouth, Middlesbrough and Everton.

Aiyegbeni’s had his most successful spell during his time in England, scoring 95 Premier League goals more than any Nigerian.

"I left to play in China, Qatar and Turkey, but my family and heart was always in England,” the 34-year-old told BBC Sport.

"I've always said I would love to end my career in England and that plan is still on track."

Yakubu first club in England is Portsmouth which he joined in 2003 before playing for Middlesbrough, Everton and Blackburn Rovers.

For these clubs, he scored 95 Premier League goals, the third most by any African player (Emmanuel Adebayor-96 and Didier Dorgba-104)

"My career in England started in 2003 and I have been very lucky to play for some top managers and teams," Yakubu added.

"Things are quite tough for Coventry City at the moment and I understand what is expected of me.

"I had the opportunity to train with the players here, I see great qualities and believe things can get better.

"I love scoring goals and helping my team-mates to score, together we can lift the club.

"I know this league very well because I have played in it with Leicester City and Reading in the past."

The former Nigeria international made his debut for Coventry City in their 1-1 away league draw against AFC Wimbledon on Tuesday, February, 14.





No comments:

Post a Comment

How to market your website for FREE